Youth Coaching Program (YCP)
Since 2012, Mustang Soccer has offered a Youth Coach Program. The program allows mature teen youths to further develop leadership qualities thru coaching Mustang Recreational teams. With training and oversight from Staff Coaches, Board Directors, and Parent Volunteers, Youth Coaches have been able to develop valuable personal character attributes within our youth players.
Mustang Youth Coaches are typically High School age students (Juniors and Seniors). They must be 16 years or older and possess a valid driver’s license. Parental consent is required for program knowledge and support. Youth Coaches work in tandem (2 or 3) per team. Team assignment priority is given to returning Youth Coaches and Seniors. Open communication is encouraged during the selection and assignment process. Youth Coaches are NOT required to have specific soccer experience. However, knowledge of the sport is helpful
Expectations of a Youth Coach
* Manage/Coach Recreation/Recreational Plus Mustang Teams.
* Season Duration: August thru November
* Training Sessions: Offered to all interested Youth Coaches.
* Commitment: Attend and coach all practices and games for an entire season.
* Role of Volunteer: Approximately 55-65 hours a season.
* Youth Coaches are expected to practice ‘PCA’ habits as related to game management (play time, scoring margin), parent interaction and behavior.
* Youth Coach Role spans across our community, YC’s must be always be mindful of players’ and parents’.
* Youth Coaches are NOT required to deal with challenging issues. Should a situation arise, the Youth Coach will direct any issues to the Youth Coach Director.
Mustang will host trainings throughout the year at no cost:
Recreational Boys Director:
Marianne Winter-Green: marianne006.MWG@gmail.com 925-339-5964
Recreational Girls Director:
Tripp McNutt: email@example.com 925-872-0595
*Youth Coaches will receive Coach’s gear - T-Shirt(s), 3 game balls, and cones for running their practices.
*November: Youth Coaches recognition at Mustang’s Annual General Meeting.
*Experience can and has been used towards college applications.